HOP Thrift Shop kindly provides free clothes to each refugee client upon arrival into the United States. HOP THRIFT SHOP is located at 1020 Eastchester Dr., High Point NC-27262 - (336) 886-8716
BEFORE GOING TO HOP THRIFT
- Contact World Relief to set up a time. World Relief staff will fill out the neccessary form and call to let HOP Thrift know before you go.
- Go to the World Relief office to pick up the signed form.
WHILE AT HOP THRIFT
- Out of respect for the store, no more then 4 or 5 refugees should go to HOP Trift at a time. For larger families please go in the store in shifts or scheduel more then one visit.
- When you get to HOP, tell the person at the front register that you are with clients from World Relief and show them the form.
- Write the name and case# for each of the client on their separate form if they are not already on there.
- Remember to be polite and courteous to HOP staff and other shoppers. Do not block isles or make a mess. Large groups or families should shop in shifts.
- Each member in the family can get $40 worth of clothes (children included). They can buy pants, shirts, socks, shoes, coats, belts, gloves, and hats. They cannot buy things like purses, jewelry, bags, toys, bed sheets etc.
- Before shopping you may want to direct clients to pick four shirts (any kind of shirt), four pants (long or short), and a pair of shoes. If those do not reach 40 dollars they can than choose others such as socks, hat, belt, gloves and so on. You may also want to give a 30 minute time limit. Both measures help give some guidance and help move things along.
- Once they are finish shopping, write down the price of each item they bought into the allotted spaces on the form and circle the total at the bottom.
- Ask for bags at the front counter and put the listed items in the bags.
- Return the hangers and the form at the front counter.
- Make sure clients don’t leave clothes anywhere in the store, including dressing room.
- Separate coat vouchers are also available during colder months. The vouchers are available at the World Relief office.