Your donations make an impact in a variety of areas. As you feel led and are able, please consider the following opportunities:
- Make recurring financial donations directly to our Akron office.
- Organize Welcome Kits with your church or small group
- Visit our Amazon Wish List to directly purchase essential items for refugees' first apartments and have them sent to our office for immediate use!
Most Needed Items
As of October, 2017
- Brooms & dustpans
- Deoderant for men & women
- Kitchen counter cleaning spray
- Queen & Twin size bedding
- Queen & Twin size blankets
- Toilet brushes
- Light bulbs
- Trash cans
These items can be purchased at any local store and brought to our office. Please call 234-334-5190 to schedule a drop off time to ensure someone is here to meet you. If you prefer to purhcase online, we have also created a "Most Needed Items" Amazon wish list with prime-eligible items to be shipped directly to our office. This list will be updated monthly and can be found here: http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/331UOFHTZP760
General List of Accepted Donations
Donations of gently used furniture and household items are a great need, and help create a home for uprooted refugees. In most cases, World Relief Akron receives the furniture for our families from CORE Furniture Bank and they have a greater capacity to store large items. For that reason we ask that anyone with a furniture donation contact them directly to schedule a pick-up. These can be scheduled by calling their message line at (330) 379-3188, option 3. Please leave your information and someone will call you back within the week!
Please note that while we do accept second-hand items, it is important that they are clean and gently-used, without stains, tears, or animal hair. Your donations are all tax-deductible and you will be provided a tax-deductible receipt upon request.
- Twin, Full and Queen-sized mattresses/box springs
- Twin, Full and Queen-sized bed frames
- Dressers/chests of drawers
- Kitchen tables and chairs
- Bunk beds and cribs—simple and with all hardware included, please
- Twin, Full and Queen-sized bed linens/blankets
- Sets of towels
- Pots and pans
- Mixing/serving bowls
- Sets of dishes
- Sets of silverware
- Basic kitchen utensils
- Basic toiletries (see our Welcome Kits document below for a complete list)
- Basic cleaning supplies (see our Welcome Kits document below for a complete list)
Employment Prep Kit:
- Gas gift cards
- Phone cards
- Bus passes
- Breathing masks & gloves for factory work
- Printer paper
- Locker locks
- Resume writing support (books, MS Office licenses, etc),
- GED prep books
- Rice Cookers
- Computers—relatively new
- Gift cards to stores like Target, Giant Eagle or WalMart
- Vehicles in good running condition
We are not able to accept: food, sofa beds, king-sized beds or mattresses, large appliances (fridges, stoves, etc), anything that needs to be repaired, or furniture with stains, tears, or animal hair.
World Relief Akron is happy to accept your donations of clean, gently-used winterwear. Items like winter coats, winter accessories, and quality shoes are given directly to clients. We prefer not to accept other clothing items at this time.
How to donate clothes
To discuss the items you have for donation and to arrange a pick-up, contact us at: (234) 334-5190 or
Email Christian Benadum: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our Furnish a Home page for more info on how you can donate furniture in Akron.