Step 1. Introduction of Good Neighbor Team (If applicable)
Step 2. Complete Basic Needs Support Form
- You will circle Yes or No for each item the form lists. It is alright to circle no!
- Note anything needing follow-up
Step 3. Complete Site Visit Housing Checklist
- Again, You will be circling Yes or No for each item the form lists.
- Note "Nos" and anything needing follow-up
Step 4. Explain and Provide Pocket Money and Grocery Money
- Remember to have Principle Applicant sign cash receipt form each time
- Pocket money: $50.00/person Grocery money: Amount given for remaining days in the month until benefits arrive.
Step 5. Provide Safety Instructions
- Call 9-1-1 in case of emergency
- do not walk alone, memorize your address, and carry it with you in case you get lost!
- Post contact sheet on the fridge or visible place
Step 6. Complete Social Security Card Applications
- The forms should already be filled out and will just need the client’s parent information and signature!
- To prepare for SSA appointment, clip SSC applications to each client’s I-94 (one per member) and the travel document (one per case).
- Return completed Basic Needs Support, Site Visit Housing Checklist, and Cash Receipt forms to Caseworker.
- They will probably ask you many questions. Let the clients know that there will be a formal intake interview with their caseworker to outline the resettlement process the following week.