Purpose World Relief assists newly arrived refugees in getting to and from necessary and urgent appointments during their first months in America.
- Aid Case Workers in providing transportation to medical, Social Security, DSHS, Department of Licensing, and Public Health appointments.
- Assist with cultural orientation outings (to Grocery, Thrift store, Library, etc) as assigned.
- Communicate consistently with Case Worker and Volunteer Coordinator about refugee needs.
- Maintain consistent schedule for availability; communicate changes with Coordinator and Case Manager.
- Ohio State driver’s license and insured vehicle.
- Ability to drive refugees from other cultures and religions in your personal vehicle to and from appointments, mostly in Akron area.
- Desire to serve refugees and the mission of World Relief (“Stand/ for the Vulnerable”)
- Commitment of at least 3 months; one day a week for at least 4 hours each day.
- Access to email/phone for assignment directions.
- Passing a WR federal background check before direct contact with clients.
- Passing State Driver’s record check before transporting clients.
For more information, or to request an application contact:
Volunteer Coordinator- Christian Benadum: email@example.com (234) 334-5190